Visceral Osteopathy Technique, sham surgery, forklift trucks, and human bagpipes. Plus car repair logic, connective tissue, and a twenty minute conversation about biscuits. Seriously. Twenty minutes. You’re welcome.

Get your ticket for QED 2017 now at qedcon.org.

1. #1 by John on August 11, 2017 - 09:11

Dear team,

With reference to your audaciously self- indulgent episode devoted to biscuits, I invite you to consider the glory that is the iced vovo:

John
    Melbs

2. #2 by Jerry on August 14, 2017 - 09:14

Look. If you examine a plain digestive biscuit, I think we can all agree it has a criss-cross pattern on the bottom and writing on the top. Nobody eats one the other way up. The chocolate is applied on the criss-cross side (the bottom) by dipping the biscuits while WHILE THEY ARE STILL THE RIGHT WAY UP. They are then flipped over for drying. Furthermore, the manufacturers themselves state that the chocolate is on the bottom. I put it to you that you are eating them wrong. An episode of “Inside the Factory” from just a couple of weeks ago shows the whole process. I could watch the machine that flips the biscuits over all day.

3. #3 by Jason Snowden on August 14, 2017 - 18:14

Very funny episode! And informative too… Though which book review was in Skeptic – and sorry was that the US or UK magazine please?

4. #4 by Tom Williamson on August 15, 2017 - 10:15

At least the Jaffa cake issue wasn’t worthy of discussion.

5. #5 by Envoid on August 16, 2017 - 14:08

Loved the biscuit discussions. And the missing-cardboard Bounty: I know! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkCy1MvICM

6. #6 by Chris on August 16, 2017 - 22:12

” Though which book review was in Skeptic – and sorry was that the US or UK magazine please?”

US version, I think the one with Michael Shermer.

The book was by some silly man/boy named Milo with a long Greek last name from the UK. Kind of a nothing intellect but likes to spout off nonsense on subjects he knows nothing about, like women. He is, in short, a professional troll who has a too large following of troll minions.

7. #7 by Declan on August 17, 2017 - 16:29

This week I had decided I was a dreadful old fart. This was because I was glad that kids are going back to school and they’ll be out of my way. I later reconsidered this notion and decided I was being old and mean spirited.

But now I know that the majority of them are fascists, I’m thinking ‘f*** ’em”.

8. #8 by Cappy Charlie on August 17, 2017 - 20:56

Top biscuit discussion. I have always assumed the digestive biscuit was the base and that as it was added to it the chocolate was a topping. If I made a sponge and dipped it in icing would that mean it was technically upside down? Which given that upside down cake is already a thing would surely just muddy the waters further. And any chance you could discuss breakfast cereals next so I can make a hilarious “Skeptics with a Special K” joke.

9. #9 by Declan McCafferty on August 18, 2017 - 01:13

There’s a bloody ‘serving suggestion’ on the packet that shows the chocolate side up.