Be Reasonable: Episode #063 – Karma Singh

This episode, Marsh is joined by Karma Singh, an author and alternative healer, to discuss the cause of disease and the nature of viruses.

Content note: this interview contains a brief reference to sexual assault, at 34m30s.

1. #1 by Arlo on May 21, 2020 - 13:08

When he said 5G I actually said “Oh my god” out loud (on my own because I’ve got COVID-19 symptoms)

2. #2 by Tony Blackwell on May 21, 2020 - 23:36

OMG! What a disaster. Marsh has so much more patients than I have.

3. #3 by Mark on May 22, 2020 - 03:58

Welcome back!

I missed you!

4. #4 by Kamil Julian Przyboś on May 22, 2020 - 10:00

Marsh, I wish to have this ability to talk thru so calmly. Through out this episode my blood pressure was around 200 😉 In real life I would interrupt his around 1000 times and probably shout to the sky WTF?!

Anyway I like Be Reasonable very much and hopefully you may find more people with COVID alternative theories. It sounds very interesting and teaches many od dick-head skeptics (like me) to talk maturely and respectfully.

Thanks again!

5. #5 by Michael Valkenberg on May 22, 2020 - 18:13

As always, I’m astounded by Marsh‘s patience when confronted with such a cornucopia of bullshit. I’d challenge anybody to find three sentences uttered by Mr Singh in this interview that we’re not fundamentally wrong. Even the basic physics and chemistry stuff (electrons determine the atom) was false.

What we should not forget, though, is that if what Singh says is true, he -in his carefully cultivated blissful ignorance – is very probably responsible for the deaths of vulnerable people. He is not some bullshit merchant plying useless vitamin supplements; he offers a whole alternativ reality. People who take his advice will almost certainly not take life-saving medicine.

6. #6 by Cody Daniel Powell on May 23, 2020 - 08:59

im so happy ur back and well

7. #7 by Thomas Jackson on May 27, 2020 - 22:59

Wow Marsh…that patience is amazing. I think I would have reached through the call and throttled this guy.

Great to hear a new episode.

8. #8 by Chris on May 28, 2020 - 22:35

I believe we can safely say he has had no formal education in biology, physics and anything else. Obviously self taught, with a big slice of bigotry.

Apparently in my neighborhood the “gay” lifestyle includes being married, raising kids, gardening, sewing, going to normal jobs and volunteering at their kids’s schools and sport teams. I guess I am only going on the folks who I interact with.

9. #9 by Rob on May 29, 2020 - 11:11

[On cancer] “…and then of course by law I’m not allowed to say any more”.
    Okay, so hints and implications aside let’s see what he does say about cancer.

Here https://www.harmonyenergyconsultants.com/web/en/5-4-3_bookshop2.html he says
    “Healing cancer was the start [of my career]”

And that links to here https://www.cancersowhat.com/ which says “This book [gives] much more specific advice on how cancers are created and what is necessary both to avoid cancer and to reverse it.”
    followed by a “The law requires me to tell you to go to an actual doctor” sentence which he immediately strongly contradicts by saying “So much for obligation. It is, of course, total nonsense. Visiting a doctor of conventional (allopathic/pharmaceutical) medicine is, statistically, the most dangerous action that a human could carry out: Pharmaceutical i.e. conventional medicine is the single most common cause of unnatural death and serious injury throughout the First World.”

Healing cancer. Avoiding and reversing cancer. The law *eyeroll* says I have to tell you to go to a doctor but DO NOT GO TO A DOCTOR THAT’S THE MOST DANGEROUS THING YOU COULD DO.

Ugh.

But he has a nice beard so all harmless and holistic and spiritual and guru-y.

10. #10 by Rob on May 29, 2020 - 12:55

At 50:20, talking about homeopathy, he says “You can’t patent it”.
    I’ve heard this before, but today I wondered… A homeopathic formulation or manufacturing method would be a novel invention, which can be described in words and diagrams and has a practical application, so they sound like they *could* be patented.
    And indeed patents have been granted on homeopathic formulations and methods: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Homeopathic&FIELD1=TI&co1=OR&TERM2=Homeopathy&FIELD2=TI&d=PTXT

So that’s not true.

11. #11 by Rob on May 29, 2020 - 13:00

And here’s Boiron Canada: https://www.boiron.ca/en/boirons-good-practice/

“Boiron uses the triple medication method, which is a specific patent that ensures homogeneous distribution. It takes 55 minutes to medicate 5 kg of globules.”

So, yes, there are absolutely patents at work in the homeopathy industry.

12. #12 by Rob on May 29, 2020 - 13:50

I have questions about his “hydrogen cyanide pollution” hypothesis of COVID-19. Why have some cities in China, parts of Italy, parts of the US, the UK etc all suddenly been affected by hydrogen cyanide pollution so recently? And why in a sequence which appears to be consistent with a spreading viral infection?

13. #13 by andy on May 29, 2020 - 15:26

Welcome back
    Enjoyed the Karma Singh interview. At first I thought, OK, seems reasonable, energy pendant for health, sincere, serious, basically harmless.
    And having been to China many times, can agree that the air in many cities,is poisonous. This would make citizens more vulnerable to respiratory illness, without being the cause, in my opinion.
    As the conversation went on, his nonsense became dangerously unstable. HIV, no viruses, upside economics on homeopathy, wanted to throat punch him by the time he got to ‘surgeons only wear masks for 30 minutes’.
    Appreciated you giving him time and space to share his world view. It is helpful to hear from vastly differing views, gets me out of the echo chamber.
    Keep it up, we need a marketplace for ideas

14. #14 by Linda on May 29, 2020 - 17:12

From the cancersowhat.com page:
    It was only later that Karma Singh learned that very many “self-help” groups have been established by the pharmaceutical industry for the expressed purpose of denying sufferers access to effective techniques of dealing with their problems. One such group in England calls itself “The Nightingale Collaboration”, abusing the name of Florence Nightingale to promote the pharmaceutical industry.”
    Wow. I did not know that. (And I still don’t).