Posts Tagged comedy
Episode 6 of our satirical comedy podcast. With questions on skeptical topics, and four guests answering them.
Your host is Andy Wilson (@InKredulosi) of the Merseyside Skeptics Society.
Appearing this month are:
- George Hrab (@GeorgeHrab) – Writer and producer of the Geologic Podcast and awesome skeptical musician
- Brian Dunning (@briandunning) Writer and presenter of the Skeptoid podcast
- Michael Marshall (@MrMMarsh – Co-founder Merseyside Skeptics Society, co-host of Skeptics with a K podcast and Righteous Indignation podcast
- Dave the Happy Singer of www.davethehappysinger.com (@happysinger) and co-host of the Sydney Atheists Podcast
Episode 5 of our satirical comedy podcast. With questions on skeptical topics, and five guests answering them.
Your host is Andy Wilson (@InKredulosi) of the Merseyside Skeptics Society
Appearing this month are:
- Rich Smith (@newsarse) – Editor and writer at Newsarse
- Brian Thompson (@AmSci) Writer and presenter of the Amateur Scientist comedy podcast
- Michael Marshall (@MrMMarsh)- Co-founder Merseyside Skeptics Society, co-host of Skeptics with a K podcast and Righteous Indignation podcast
- Janis Bennion (@JanisBennion) – Scientist, founder of Ladies who Do Skepticism, board member of Greater Manchester Skeptics
- Allan Callister (@ACallister) – Member of Merseyside Skeptics and Greater Manchester Skeptics, student linguist and fiance of the above
As part of The 10:23 Campaign, the excellent satirical news site NewsArse.com asked if there was anything we’d like to pen on homeopathy and Boots. Ever the media whore, I duly obliged… full text below. Check out NewsArse.com for more fantastic satirical offerings, too.
Boots To Launch Own-Brand ‘Chocolate Teapot’ Range
High-street giants Boots came under scrutiny once more this week after unveiling plans for their own-brand range of teapots crafted from delicious milk chocolate.
The pharmacy – who hit the headlines last month by admitting they sell completely ineffective homeopathic remedies simply because people are willing to buy them – announced the new chocolate teapots as the latest release in their line of alternative crockery.
Boots’ Professional Standards Director Paul Bennett told reporters, “Our strategy is simply, if people are gonna buy this stuff, then we’re damn sure gonna sell it.”
“Its effectiveness as a product is obviously secondary concern when compared to people’s willingness to give us money for it.”
“We’re committed to offering a wide range of choice to our customers, and if anyone chooses to be stupid enough to pay good money for a teapot made of chocolate, then it’s our duty to take that money from them.” Read the rest of this entry »